If you consider the basic steps to improve performance , please follow the below steps.
- Make sure tables are partitioned in a balanced way . Too many partitions are not good.The partision column needs to be set as NOT NULL. you can do it at any point using an ALTER TABLE command.
- Partition can be done by issuing an ALTER TABLE command
- PURGE_TABLE() for any purging of pending changes.
- Initially go for a projection update . You can select a complete initial projection without a specific script. This will make sure all the columns are included with super projections.
- Next step is to go and create a projection for the specific query using database designer tool. This should be done against incremental projections and deploy the projections.