Power View which was previously named as Project Crecent is an SQL Server 2012 reporting service add-in for sharepoint 2010 and excel power pivot for sql server 2012.
Power View (RDLX) and Power Pivot (XLSX) samples can be downloaded at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26718#overview
Power view is an interactive data exploration, visualization, and presentation experience. It provides intuitive ad-hoc reporting for business users such as data analysts, business decision makers, and information workers. They can easily create and interact with views of data from data models based on PowerPivot workbooks published in a PowerPivot Gallery, or tabular models deployed to SSAS instances. Power View is a browser-based Silverlight application launched from SharePoint Server 2010 that enables users to present and share insights with others in their organization through interactive presentations.
HIGHLIGHTS OF POWER VIEW
- Presentation Ready : A fine look and file for presentation. A WYSWYG , so it works with real data and no need top preview it to see how it looks. There are reading view and full screen view. Also an interactive power view can be exported to PPT slide. Power view can also be published to share point , so that user can view and interact with them.
- Data Model based : It is a thin web client which is downloaded through the browser from a sharepoint 2010 data model( a power pivot model workbook or a tabular model running on an ssas.
- Visual Design experiences : There is no separtion of design time and run time. we can switch between views and change the perspective as simple as working with an excel sheet with its ribbon controls
- Creating Data Visualizations : A wide variety of visualizations available like tables, matrices, charts, graphs, bubble charts etc., and we can switch between those very quickly and easily.
- Highlighting and filtering data: Different types of filters are available. A filter can be applied to a visualization or globaly. We can also highlight the data using the filters in the visualisations
- Sort : Sort is basically applied for anything
- Reports with multiple views : A report can have multiple views with different visualisations and different filters.
- Performance : it fetches data only that is needed for a particular visualisation. This is beneficial for visualisation based from millions of records.
Ref: Technet library